We finally got around to making our Cabbage & Noodles tonight. Delicious! The recipe is ridiculously easy and fast and doesn’t require tons of ingredients and chopping.
8 oz egg noodles
3 tbls butter
4 slices bacon
1 diced onion
1 chopped cabbage.
1) Put water onto boil and start frying your bacon
2) While bacon is cooking, chop onion and cabbage.
3) After bacon is done, remove bacon and saute the onions in the left over grease until clear (2-3 minutes).
4) Add cabbage and butter. Cook until cabbage is tender.
5) Add drained egg noodles and top with bacon.
We couldn’t find whole wheat egg noodles at our local grocery store but I found some on amazon. I didn’t have the patience to wait for them this time around, but I’m going to get them on order so I’ll have them for other dishes.
In gardening news, I’ve finally got some sprouts on the seeds we started last week. Just in time, Doug and I finally agreed on where the raised beds will go in the backyard. After spending some time out there today, I’m cautiously optimistic that we may actually get enough sun for the tomatoes and corn.